Friday, January 15, 2010

Branch Out


Unfortunately, I needed to make a sympathy card for a fellow stamper and to me the only color for a sympathy card is Soft Sky. There is deeper meaning to this card than just a bird sitting on a tree branch. You see, sometimes I have a need to inject artist interpretations into some of my creations and this card is a good example of my subtle displays. The 3 brads up top are meant to be an ellipsis and the bird looking out into nowhere is the wife left behind and feeling alone after her husband's death. I like this card even though it makes my heart sad.

Stamps: Branch Out
Inks: Basic Black, Soft Sky, VersaMark
Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Black (edges distressed), Kraft
Embellishments: Soft Sky Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Brads, Blue embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment