Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday Flight


This card is so pretty in person. I tried to get the best shot to show the details and I hope they do show well enough but if you need to you can click on the photo and make it big. Now when you do make it big you will notice some rhinestone stickies in odd places and I can explain. I thought it would look cool to color some of the centers black but when I saw it done I HATED it! lol. So out came the stickies again and covered them up. Then I thought it still needed a little something and out came the half pearl Pretties. When I finally made myself stop I was pleased with the 'finished' card. I seriously can way over-embellish a card. Just check out my Groovy card from an earlier post (November 2009) and I will never have to explain myself again. This is a very easy card and can be used for many sentiments. It would make a lovely sympathy card made in soft pastels. I saw an example of this card here ->
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1627839?&cat=14532
She used a pale blue card and I thought it needed to be black. =]

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
Paper: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Vellum
Embellishments: Fire Rhinestone Brad, Pretties half Pearls, Rhinestone Stickies (non SU!), Butterfly Punch, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment