Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lovely as a Tree



My Dad has a birthday on the 7th and after I made this card for him I realized that the last card I sent him was also a tree themed card. He was in the lumber business for most of his life so I guess it is fitting for me to gravitate toward trees when I think of him. This is a More Mustard card stock stamped with the Weathered stamp in Chocolate Chip. The tree is embossed in black and colored with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Markers and water dabbed over then blotted off. I distressed the edges then moistened them to create the aged effect of the paper and sponged More Mustard and Chocolate Chip sparingly over the image after it dried. Chocolate Chip card stock is the shadow and I used 4 orange Circle Fire Rhinestone brads one in each corner and adhered it to the card stock with Sticky tape because of the brads and I didn't want to use dimensionals here. Chocolate Chip satin Ribbon makes a nice bold background for the More Mustard punched with a 1-1/4" circle punch and sponged with Chocolate Chip ink then topped with a Very Vanilla 1" circle punch and the greeting from Save the Date is stamped in Chocolate Chip and sponged in More Mustard and a tad of Chocolate Chip and applied with Stampin' Dimensionals. Inside is more images from the Lovely as a Tree set stamped in, you got it, Chocolate Chip! I hope my dad likes this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment